In an unusual development, Sri Lanka’s President Gotabaya Rajapaksa suspended parliament for one week and left for Singapore, apparently for medical treatment. The suspension was through an extraordinary gazette notification with parliament expected to reconvene on January 18.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives