The UK’s Cairn Energy PLC plans to target Indian state owned firms and banks to recover $1.2 billion plus interest and penalties after winning an arbitration against levy of retrospective taxes. Cairn has already targeted the assets of Air India with a plea filed in a New York court. Air India has until July to file a plea against the Cairn lawsuit.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff