The UK’s Cairn Energy PLC plans to target Indian state owned firms and banks to recover $1.2 billion plus interest and penalties after winning an arbitration against levy of retrospective taxes. Cairn has already targeted the assets of Air India with a plea filed in a New York court. Air India has until July to file a plea against the Cairn lawsuit.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess