India’s nominee for the post of WTO deputy director general has lost out to to a senior Chinese official Xiangchen Zhang, currently a vice minister in the Commerce Ministry. He won apparently because the WTO director general owes her job to China. So Xiangchen will hold the job for the next eight years. In the process, India’s Mohan Kumar, a former ambassador to France and a trade specialist, lost out.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff