India’s nominee for the post of WTO deputy director general has lost out to to a senior Chinese official Xiangchen Zhang, currently a vice minister in the Commerce Ministry. He won apparently because the WTO director general owes her job to China. So Xiangchen will hold the job for the next eight years. In the process, India’s Mohan Kumar, a former ambassador to France and a trade specialist, lost out.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess