Myanmar’s military junta is using torture to extract information from detainees over the whereabouts of senior opposition members. According to American journalist Nathan Maung, who spent three months in a detention centre in Yangon and was later released, prisoners, especially those suspected to belong to the outlawed NLD party, are routinely beaten and kicked. Many have died as a result of such treatment.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess