India has rejected requests by Tesla chief Elon Musk for lower tariffs so it can export electric vehicles to this country. The chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes, Vivek Johri, said there is no scope for rejigging the current tariff structure since “some investments have come in … so it is clear that this is not a hindrance”. Tesla is currently building electric vehicles in China.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff