India is going to do away with a contentious legislation enacted in 2012 by the previous UPA government, the retro tax provisions. A bill to do away with the retrospective taxation provisions has been tabled in parliament. It nullifies any tax demand made on transfer of indirect Indian assets prior to 2012. The amendment also makes it clear there must be withdrawal of pending litigation (Cairn Energy) and no claim for damages.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff