CIA chief William Burns called on Taliban supremo Abdul Ghani Baradar in Kabul to extend the August 31 withdrawal deadline in order to complete evacuations. Reports indicate the U.S. and allies may unilaterally extend the deadline. No confirmation of the talks was issued nor was it clear if the focus remained on logistical issues. This is the highest ranking official of the Biden administration to meet the Taliban.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff