Ahead of the summit of BRICS leaders that India will chair this year, National Security Adviser Ajit Doval hosted a virtual meeting of security czars of the five-member bloc on Tuesday. The 11th meeting of BRICS High Representatives Responsible for National Security reviewed regional and global issues with particular focus on the current developments in Afghanistan and West Asia. India raised cross-border terrorism and activities of terror groups such as Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed. Also on the agenda were illegal drug production and trafficking, cyber security, cooperation among law enforcement agencies, health safety. The High Representatives recommended a BRICS Counter Terrorism Action Plan for consideration by the BRICS Summit.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives