New Delhi: Mozambique’s military says it has regained full control of the coastal town of Palma, more than a week after it was raided by militant Islamists linked to Daesh/ISIS, but why has the insurgency being continuing for three years?, is Cabo Delgado province a new frontline for terror in east Africa?, what does the halting of French energy company Total’s $20 billion project mean for the economy and development? and most importantly what is being done to stop the human cost in the conflict? On ‘The Gist’, Borges Nhamirre, a Journalist and Researcher with the Public Integrity Centre in the capital Maputo speaks to StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives