Violence in South Africa after former President Jacob Zuma was arrested is spreading. Over 60 people have been arrested after Zuma’s supporters blocked roads, looted shops and clashed with the police. Rioting that began in Zuma’s home province of KwaZulu-Natal has now spilled over to Gauteng province which houses the country’s biggest city—Johannesburg. Zuma is serving a 15-month sentence for defying a court order to testify before a state-backed inquiry probing allegations of corruption during his term as president from 2009 to 2018.
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way