Sweden’s finance minister Magdalena Andersson was elected head of the ruling Social Democrat party, paving the way for her to take over as the first woman prime minister of this gender-conscious country. A vote to that effect is expected as early as next week. Steven Lofven has just quit as prime minister, saying he wanted to give his successor enough time to prepare for elections next year.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives