Sri Lanka could go bankrupt this year, says the Guardian in a report, pointing to unchecked inflation, loss of tourism caused by the Covid crisis and vast debt repayments to China. The World Bank estimates that 500,000 people have fallen below the poverty line since the pandemic.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff