Pakistan’s foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi says his country is ready to host the SAARC summit and India can attend virtually if its leaders do not want to fly to Islamabad. Pakistan was to have hosted the summit in 2016 but India pulled out after the Uri terrorist attack. SAARC operates on consensus and one country not attending means the entire summit is off.
- Maldives Skips NSAs Conclave In Colombo, Woos China
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’