The United Nations says 230,000 people have been displaced in fighting in Myanmar this year and need assistance. The UN Office for Humanitarian Affairs says 103,000 people had been displaced in Karen state on the Thai border in the last month, while 20,000 people were sheltering in 100 camps in Chin state bordering India. Armed clashes and general insecurity were hindering relief efforts.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess