The United Nations says 230,000 people have been displaced in fighting in Myanmar this year and need assistance. The UN Office for Humanitarian Affairs says 103,000 people had been displaced in Karen state on the Thai border in the last month, while 20,000 people were sheltering in 100 camps in Chin state bordering India. Armed clashes and general insecurity were hindering relief efforts.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives