Nepal heads for a snap election in two phases, November 12 and 19. This follows the failure of incumbent prime minister KP Sharma Oli to form a government and the inability of opposition leader Sher Bahadur Deuba to do the same. A statement from President Bidya Devi Bhandari said the decision was taken on the basis of a recommendation by the Cabinet to dissolve the House of Representatives. The decision is expected to be challenged as a similar decision in December last year to dissolve the house was overturned by the Supreme Court.
- India, The World’s ‘Peacekeeper’
- ‘India Cannot Trust Pak Or China, Should Not Vacate Saltoro Ridge’
- ”China’s Ambitions In Space Are Driven By The Need To Dominate, Marginalise Rivals”
- [email protected]: Irrelevant, Irreplaceable or Reformable ?
- Mapping The Past & Present To Anticipate A Better Future: Authors Of ‘Terra Incognita’