External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has touched base in Tehran with newly elected President Ebrahim Raisi, handing over a letter from Narendra Modi. He also met his counterpart Javad Zarif. It’s not clear whether the latter, an appointee of ex-president Rouhani, will continue to serve or move on once a replacement is named. Jaishankar is on his way to Moscow for consultations on Afghanistan among other issues.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives