External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has touched base in Tehran with newly elected President Ebrahim Raisi, handing over a letter from Narendra Modi. He also met his counterpart Javad Zarif. It’s not clear whether the latter, an appointee of ex-president Rouhani, will continue to serve or move on once a replacement is named. Jaishankar is on his way to Moscow for consultations on Afghanistan among other issues.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess