External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has touched base in Tehran with newly elected President Ebrahim Raisi, handing over a letter from Narendra Modi. He also met his counterpart Javad Zarif. It’s not clear whether the latter, an appointee of ex-president Rouhani, will continue to serve or move on once a replacement is named. Jaishankar is on his way to Moscow for consultations on Afghanistan among other issues.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff