Indian personnel posted at the consulate in Kandahar have been brought back for the timebeing amid intense fighting between government forces and the Taliban outside the city. The staff were flown out by a special air force aircraft last evening with the flights avoiding Pakistai airspace. The Ministry of External Affairs has said the consulate has not been shut, local staff members remain and when the situation stabilises, Indian personnel will return.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess