France has reacted with fury to Australia cancelling a $36 billion deal for 12 submarines to be built by the Naval Group, a partly government owned firm. Defence Minister Jean Yves Le Drian described it as “a stab in the back” and a breach of trust and wondered how Canberra planned to get out of the contracts already signed with Naval Group. Australia has opted for U.S. nuclear submarines.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff