State-run China Daily paid millions of dollars to U.S. magazines and newspapers to buy influence, documents filed with the Justice Department said. The publications included Time magazine ($700,000), the Foreign Policy Journal ($291,000), Financial Times ($371,577) all in the last six months. Another $1 million went to other publications. Pro-democracy groups have long warned about China’s attempts to push propaganda through U.S. news outlets.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess