China initiated its first diplomatic contact with the Taliban in Kabul on Wednesday when its ambassador Wang Yu met Abdul Salam Hanafi, head of the Taliban political office. No details were released other than Wang promising to help in the reconstruction of the country. China is among a handful that kept its embassy open in Kabul.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives