India has asked Sri Lanka to be mindful of ties with Delhi after the former cleared the China-backed Colombo Port City Project, which is 300 km from Indian shores. This is the single largest private sector-led development project in the island nation, worth $1.4 billion. Sri Lanka hopes the project will bring $15 billion in investment and create thousands of new jobs.
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess
- ‘No Election Can Alter The Realities Of POK’