India has asked Sri Lanka to be mindful of ties with Delhi after the former cleared the China-backed Colombo Port City Project, which is 300 km from Indian shores. This is the single largest private sector-led development project in the island nation, worth $1.4 billion. Sri Lanka hopes the project will bring $15 billion in investment and create thousands of new jobs.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives