German Chancellor Olaf Scholz and French President Emmanuel Macron urged President Vladimir Putin to continue with talks over the war in Ukraine. The Elysee confirmed the call in a statement, adding that EU leaders would be discussing the conflict in Ukraine at their summit in Versailles on Thursday evening. The conversation came after the foreign ministers of Russia and Ukraine held their first face-to-face talks in Turkey on Thursday. This did not lead to any progress. However, Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov said talks would continue.
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way