NEW DELHI: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are home to India’s only tri-services command. Tasked with securing the huge stretch of Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) around the islands, the Andaman and Nicobar Command is now also keeping a hawk eye on Chinese activities in the Bay of Bengal. In this episode of ‘The Gist’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, who was in the Andamans last week, speaks to Air Marshal PK Roy (Retd), former Commander-in-Chief of Andaman and Nicobar Command, about the strategic importance of the group of islands.
- When The Military Swears Loyalty To A Party, Not The Country
- A Guide To Contemporary China
- Taliban Eid Tactical Ceasefire; ‘Advances Will Intensify While U.S. Exits By 9/11’
- ‘Fighting May Not Escalate, Jewish And Arab Attitudes Are Changing’
- 100 Days Since Myanmar’s Coup: Looming Economic Collapse, Poverty And Hunger