NEW DELHI: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are home to India’s only tri-services command. Tasked with securing the huge stretch of Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) around the islands, the Andaman and Nicobar Command is now also keeping a hawk eye on Chinese activities in the Bay of Bengal. In this episode of ‘The Gist’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, who was in the Andamans last week, speaks to Air Marshal PK Roy (Retd), former Commander-in-Chief of Andaman and Nicobar Command, about the strategic importance of the group of islands.
- ‘India Cannot Trust Pak Or China, Should Not Vacate Saltoro Ridge’
- ”China’s Ambitions In Space Are Driven By The Need To Dominate, Marginalise Rivals”
- [email protected]: Irrelevant, Irreplaceable or Reformable ?
- Mapping The Past & Present To Anticipate A Better Future: Authors Of ‘Terra Incognita’
- Combating China, Broadening Backlash