NEW DELHI: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are home to India’s only tri-services command. Tasked with securing the huge stretch of Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) around the islands, the Andaman and Nicobar Command is now also keeping a hawk eye on Chinese activities in the Bay of Bengal. In this episode of ‘The Gist’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, who was in the Andamans last week, speaks to Air Marshal PK Roy (Retd), former Commander-in-Chief of Andaman and Nicobar Command, about the strategic importance of the group of islands.
- Why China Is Playing Hardball In Ladakh
- Shia Cleric Ahead In Iraq Poll But Spoils Will Have To Be Shared
- India Pushes Ambitious Trade Deals, Correction Of ‘Historical Wrongs’
- ‘Indigenous 4G Technology Lays Ground For 5G, It’s Also Secure And Foolproof ‘
- China, Bhutan Deal To Speed Up Border Negotiations: The Back Story