NEW DELHI: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are home to India’s only tri-services command. Tasked with securing the huge stretch of Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) around the islands, the Andaman and Nicobar Command is now also keeping a hawk eye on Chinese activities in the Bay of Bengal. In this episode of ‘The Gist’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, who was in the Andamans last week, speaks to Air Marshal PK Roy (Retd), former Commander-in-Chief of Andaman and Nicobar Command, about the strategic importance of the group of islands.
- Solih-Nasheed Friction, ‘India Military Out’ Campaign: What It Means For Delhi
- India Out Campaign Led By ‘Minority, Given Some Sort Of Credence By Opposition Rhetoric, Action’
- PoK Elections: The Façade Of Democracy
- ‘FDI In India Is Growing, Across Sectors And States’
- Ahead Of 12th Round Of Military Talks With India, China’s Aksai Chin Jitters