NEW DELHI: On ‘The Gist‘, Dr Garima Mohan, Senior Fellow in the Asia programme at the German Marshall Fund of the United States(GMF), where she leads the work on India and heads the India Trilateral Forum based in GMF’s offices in Berlin, in conversation with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi. Dr Garima Mohan discusses Chancellor Olaf Scholz’s visit to India with a substantial business delegation, meetings with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, his trip to Bengaluru, outcomes, the India-German conversation on the Russia-Ukraine war, confronting the challenges posed by China, the Chancellor’s speech 3 days after Russia’s re-invasion of Ukraine, that is looked at as Germany’s “Zeitenwende” — a paradigm change or turning point, bilateral defence and security relations including reports that a conventional German next-generation submarine agreement may be back on the table, joint design, manufacturing, production and transfer of technology, the “very strong pillar of trade and investment linkages, the Chancellor saying he will personally look at advancing a Free Trade Agreement with the European Union, cooperation in the field of migration, mobility, innovation and technology and Germany’s Indo-Pacific strategy.
- Chinese Social Media Spews Venom As India-Made iPhones Go On Sale
- Trudeau’s Vote Bank Politics Exposes Gaping Foreign Policy Holes
- Missing Ministers, PLA Corruption Threaten To Spoil Xi Jinping’s Party
- IMEC A Copy of Belt and Road Initiative, Says China Social Media
- An Economic Corridor That Could Link India, Europe Better