There are 10,000 Myanmar refugees in India and Thailand, says the special envoy of the UN secretary general Christine Burgener. She said nationwide clashes have led to the displacement of thousands of civilians. She warned that in the absence of international support, people were forming self-defence units, fabricating home made weapons and receiving training from armed ethnic militia groups.
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess
- ‘No Election Can Alter The Realities Of POK’