U.S. President Joe Biden is enforcing an executive order banning investment in 59 Chinese companies with suspected ties to the Communist Party, including Huawei. The order is effective from August. Some of the other companies include China Mobile, chip maker SMIC, video surveillance firm Hikvision. More companies will be added going forward. U.S. investors in these firms must pull out their investments within a year.
- Why China Is Playing Hardball In Ladakh
- Shia Cleric Ahead In Iraq Poll But Spoils Will Have To Be Shared
- India Pushes Ambitious Trade Deals, Correction Of ‘Historical Wrongs’
- ‘Indigenous 4G Technology Lays Ground For 5G, It’s Also Secure And Foolproof ‘
- China, Bhutan Deal To Speed Up Border Negotiations: The Back Story