A London-based “people’s tribunal” is investigating whether China’s alleged persecution of its Uighur minority amounts to genocide, with witnesses detailing mass torture, rape and other abuse. Hearings began on Friday and will continue until Monday. A second hearing could be scheduled in September. The jurors, comprising lawyers and human rights activists plan, to come out with a report in December on whether China is guilty of genocide.
- ‘The Next Stop Is About India’s Journey To Natural Gas’
- Grants Vs Loans: ‘Developed Nations’ Aid To Developing In $100 Bn Fund Needs Significant Rise’
- ‘Jagmeet Factor’ Could Be Key To Canada’s Election
- It Is Black Or White, Polluters Have To Pay More: Former Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
- Insurgencies & India’s Northeast