The spat between the government and Twitter has taken a serious turn after Union IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad was locked out of his account. Twitter claimed he had violated the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Prasad has denied it and described Twitter’s action as a “gross violation” of the Information Technology Act since he was not given any prior intimation. Although Twitter unlocked his account an hour later, it was with a warning that nothing should be posted which violated the US copyright law.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess