China has started operations of the first high speed train in Tibet running from Lhasa to Nyingchi on the border with Arunachal Pradesh. Construction of the 435-km line began in 2014 and the train will run at a speed of 160 km an hour. China has also completed a highway through the Grand Canyon of the Yarlung Zangbo river, as the Brahmaputra is called in Tibet. This is the second corridor to Medog country which borders Arunachal.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess