China has started operations of the first high speed train in Tibet running from Lhasa to Nyingchi on the border with Arunachal Pradesh. Construction of the 435-km line began in 2014 and the train will run at a speed of 160 km an hour. China has also completed a highway through the Grand Canyon of the Yarlung Zangbo river, as the Brahmaputra is called in Tibet. This is the second corridor to Medog country which borders Arunachal.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff