South Africa has deployed 25,000 troops to quell the week-long violence that spiralled out of control following former president Jacob Zuma being sent to jail. The violence in Kwazulu Natal was the worst with an estimated 800 shops, many belonging to ethnic Indians, looted and burnt down. India has asked the South African government to ensure the safety of the Indian community.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess