South Africa has deployed 25,000 troops to quell the week-long violence that spiralled out of control following former president Jacob Zuma being sent to jail. The violence in Kwazulu Natal was the worst with an estimated 800 shops, many belonging to ethnic Indians, looted and burnt down. India has asked the South African government to ensure the safety of the Indian community.
- Why China Is Playing Hardball In Ladakh
- Shia Cleric Ahead In Iraq Poll But Spoils Will Have To Be Shared
- India Pushes Ambitious Trade Deals, Correction Of ‘Historical Wrongs’
- ‘Indigenous 4G Technology Lays Ground For 5G, It’s Also Secure And Foolproof ‘
- China, Bhutan Deal To Speed Up Border Negotiations: The Back Story