Amrullah Saleh, first vice president to former president Ashraf Ghani, says under the constitution he is entitled to take over as president and has appealed for international support. Saleh is currently in the Tajik dominated Panjsher Valley along with Ahmad Massoud, son of the legendary Ahmad Shah Massoud who was assassinated by the Taliban. The Panjsher is the only corner of Afghanistan not under Taliban control.
- Maldives Skips NSAs Conclave In Colombo, Woos China
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’