Pakistan’s parliament has approved of chemical castration of those convicted of multiple rapes. A bill to this effect was passed on Thursday, nearly one year after an ordinance was cleared by the Cabinet. The new legislation is in response to public outcry against multiple attacks on women and children.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives