The death toll in riots in South Africa following the jailing of former president Jacob Zuma has risen to 72. More than 1000 people have been arrested with police and army out in the streets. Police said many deaths took place during stampedes as mobs ransacked stores, taking away anything they could find. The violence also reflects frustration and anger over unemployment with 60 million people in poverty.
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis
- G20 Is The New G7, Says Jaishankar, Wants An Indian Global Narrative