The death toll in riots in South Africa following the jailing of former president Jacob Zuma has risen to 72. More than 1000 people have been arrested with police and army out in the streets. Police said many deaths took place during stampedes as mobs ransacked stores, taking away anything they could find. The violence also reflects frustration and anger over unemployment with 60 million people in poverty.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff