The death toll in riots in South Africa following the jailing of former president Jacob Zuma has risen to 72. More than 1000 people have been arrested with police and army out in the streets. Police said many deaths took place during stampedes as mobs ransacked stores, taking away anything they could find. The violence also reflects frustration and anger over unemployment with 60 million people in poverty.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess