Russia is reported to have offered India three old Kilo class submarines for the token sale price of one rupee. But each sub will cost $250 million to refit since they are 25 years old and are being phased out by the Russian Navy. The Indian Navy’s indigenous conventional submarine programme has been dogged by delays and the addition of the three Kilos would help ensure force levels.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Canâ€™t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff