Senior General Min Aung Hlaing is in Moscow, at the invitation of Russia’s Defence Minister, to meet top officials, attend a June 22 conference on international security and a maritime defence exhibition in St. Petersburg. Russia is a major arms supplier to Myanmar and high-level bilateral visits have continued after the February 1 military coup. This is the junta chief’s second known visit abroad after he took over power. He attended talks with leaders of the 10-country Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Jakarta in April.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff