Senior General Min Aung Hlaing is in Moscow, at the invitation of Russia’s Defence Minister, to meet top officials, attend a June 22 conference on international security and a maritime defence exhibition in St. Petersburg. Russia is a major arms supplier to Myanmar and high-level bilateral visits have continued after the February 1 military coup. This is the junta chief’s second known visit abroad after he took over power. He attended talks with leaders of the 10-country Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Jakarta in April.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess