International NGO Global Witness says that Myanmar’s jade mines could become a slush fund for the military junta now ruling the country. The military has taken control of all licensing of the jade mines, thereby making it difficult to buy from elsewhere. Global Witness urged buyers to avoid purchase of any jade or gemstones from Myanmar.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess