International NGO Global Witness says that Myanmar’s jade mines could become a slush fund for the military junta now ruling the country. The military has taken control of all licensing of the jade mines, thereby making it difficult to buy from elsewhere. Global Witness urged buyers to avoid purchase of any jade or gemstones from Myanmar.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff