International NGO Global Witness says that Myanmar’s jade mines could become a slush fund for the military junta now ruling the country. The military has taken control of all licensing of the jade mines, thereby making it difficult to buy from elsewhere. Global Witness urged buyers to avoid purchase of any jade or gemstones from Myanmar.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives