Japan has sought a 2.6 per cent increase in its defence budget, which if granted would amount to nearly $50 billion. Japan’s defence budget has risen 17 per cent since 2012, the money going for new F-35 jets, conversion of two naval vessels into helicopter carriers, autonomous drones, lasers, satellites and so on. The new equipment is expected to help counter China’s aggressive forays into Japanese waters.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff