Japan has sought a 2.6 per cent increase in its defence budget, which if granted would amount to nearly $50 billion. Japan’s defence budget has risen 17 per cent since 2012, the money going for new F-35 jets, conversion of two naval vessels into helicopter carriers, autonomous drones, lasers, satellites and so on. The new equipment is expected to help counter China’s aggressive forays into Japanese waters.
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives
- Dalai Lama, China And The Uncertain Road Ahead For Tibetans
- Xi Jinping’s ‘Organised Loyalty, Entrenched Military Corruption’ & China’s Posture On India Border