Japan is planning to deploy missile batteries on the island of Ishigaki, 306 km from Taiwan. The unit will be operational next year and will be supported by 600 troops. The move is expected to beef up Japan’s military position in waters disputed by China. Reports say it also signals Tokyo’s commitment to the defence of Taiwan.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff