Iraq has approved a law-making military service compulsory for those 18 years and above. One of the aims of this move is to curb sectarian polarisation and the proliferation of sectarian militias like the Popular Mobilisation Forces. It is also intended to rebuild the Iraqi Army.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Canâ€™t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff