France’s Competition Authority has fined Google $500 million for allegedly violating orders to negotiate paid deals with news publishers. Orders issued last August said Alphabet Inc. must negotiate with publishers for permission to publish snippets on its platform. Deals have been struck with Le Figaro and Le Monde but not others.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess