German Chancellor Olaf Scholz and French President Emmanuel Macron urged President Vladimir Putin to continue with talks over the war in Ukraine. The Elysee confirmed the call in a statement, adding that EU leaders would be discussing the conflict in Ukraine at their summit in Versailles on Thursday evening. The conversation came after the foreign ministers of Russia and Ukraine held their first face-to-face talks in Turkey on Thursday. This did not lead to any progress. However, Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov said talks would continue.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Canâ€™t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff