A court in France has approved the request of Cairn Energy to freeze several India-owned assets in Paris towards settlement of an international arbitration order. The order will allow Cairn to take over 20 Indian properties in Paris worth more than 20 million Euros. The arbitration order had directed the Indian government to pay Cairn $1.2 billion in damages and costs over a tax dispute. India has refused, saying the arbitration order has challenged the country’s sovereign right to taxation.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff