Leading South African scientists say it’s too early to determine that the Omicron variant of Covid 19 causes only mild illness. Michelle Groom, head of public surveillance, said the variant has caused more than 8,600 infections in the last 24 hours, is now moving from younger to older people and there are concerns it may cause severe complications in a few weeks.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives