The 5th NSA level meeting of the Colombo Security Conclave in the Maldives, saw a roadmap adopted with the focus on five key areas: Maritime Safety and Security, Countering Terrorism and Radicalisation, Combating Trafficking and Transnational Organised Crime, Cyber Security and Protection of Critical Infrastructure and Technology and Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief. In this regard, India’s NSA Ajit Doval suggested a meeting of the heads of the Coast Guard Forces this year to discuss areas of cooperation and the creation of two joint working groups on drug trafficking and transnational organised crimes and cyber security and emerging technologies. The conclave has three members, India, Sri Lanka and Maldives, while Bangladesh and Seychelles are observers.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives