BRICS foreign ministers will meet virtually on June 1 to discuss the Covid crisis, tackling regional conflicts and cooperation between the five member states in multilateral fora. India which currently holds the BRICS Chairship will be leading these efforts. There will also be focus on economy and finance, culture and humanitarian contacts. The Russian foreign ministry said that strengthening the multilateral system, counter terrorism cooperation, sharing and use of digital and technological solutions to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) would be other key items on the agenda.
- G-7 Summit: More Pressure On Russia, BRI Rival Plans & India’s Role In Global Energy, Food Security
- No Thaw, India In China’s Adversarial Crosshairs
- ‘Civil Conflict In Myanmar Has Deepened Uncertainties Over Kaladan Project’
- G7 Summit: Projecting India’s Heft To The Developed World
- Myanmar Junta Troops Take Villagers Hostage
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff