The British Parliament saw an angry exchange between Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Labour Party leader Keir Starmer over the hooliganism and racism shown by football fans. Starmer lashed out at the government for failing to condemn the fans. But he had no answer when Johnson displayed a leaflet distributed by Labour during a recent byelection, showing Narendra Modi shaking hands with the PM. It was widely seen as provoking racial sentiments among the electorate.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives