The British Parliament saw an angry exchange between Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Labour Party leader Keir Starmer over the hooliganism and racism shown by football fans. Starmer lashed out at the government for failing to condemn the fans. But he had no answer when Johnson displayed a leaflet distributed by Labour during a recent byelection, showing Narendra Modi shaking hands with the PM. It was widely seen as provoking racial sentiments among the electorate.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess