Mullah Baradar will head the new Taliban government, it was confirmed in Kabul by sources close to the militant leadership. Baradar is co-founder of the Taliban along with the late Mullah Omar. He will be joined by Omar’s son Mullah Yaqoob, and Sher Abbas Stanekzai, who has been among the lead peace negotiators in Doha. The sources said all Taliban leaders are in Kabul but it was not clear if Taliban chief Haibatullah Akhundzada was although he will focus on religious matters and governance within Sharia.
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives
- Dalai Lama, China And The Uncertain Road Ahead For Tibetans
- Xi Jinping’s ‘Organised Loyalty, Entrenched Military Corruption’ & China’s Posture On India Border