More than 15,000 Myanmarese have fled their country seeking sanctuary in neighbouring India, says Antonio Guterres, UN secretary general. Around 7000 fled to Thailand but have since returned although they remain among more than 336,000 internally displaced people. He warned that the army takeover had led to a surge in ethnic armed organisations and civilian defence militias.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives