In positive news for the 700 plus Indian students trapped in the northeastern Ukrainian city of Sumy, Russia is opening two humanitarian corridors – one running from Sumy to Sudzha and then Belgorod in Russia, and the other from Sumy to Golubovka, Romny, Lokhvitsa, Lubny and Poltava in central Ukraine. The move comes after Russia declared a ceasefire in Kyiv, Mariupol, Kharkov, and Sumy from 10 AM Moscow time (12:30 PM IST) to allow for evacuations of civilians and foreign nationals.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff