NEW DELHI: On ‘Talking Point‘, N. Sathiya Moorthy, Distinguished Fellow and Head, Chennai Initiative, Observer Research Foundation (ORF) and Dr Gulbin Sultana, Research Analyst with the South Asia Centre in the Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA) in discussion with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi. The panel analyses former Maldives President, current Majlis Speaker and ruling party (MDP) head Mohamed Nasheed announcing he’s breaking off ‘political alignment’ with old family friend and current President Ibrahim Solih, throwing in his hat to run for President in 2023 and calling for a referendum to switch to a Parliamentary system, how much traction an #IndiaOut campaign has, who’s behind it and if developments can influence the Maldives’ foreign policy which currently rests on an ‘India first’ pillar while balancing interests in relations with China.
December 6, 2022
December 6, 2022
- Security Czars Of India, Central Asian Countries Talk Terrorism, Connectivity
- India Calls Out European Double Standards Again As West’s Russia Oil Price Cap Kicks In
- The Fallout Of The G7’s Price Cap On Russian Oil
- ‘Iran Disbands Morality Police But Is There More To The Hijab Protests’
- A Happy Coincidence
- Identity, Islam, Imran & India: Pakistan’s Long March To…?
- Pak’s Next Army Chief Could Be ‘Straight Arrow’ Asim Munir To Tame Imran
- ‘We Are Getting Hammered For Hambantota, Directly Or Indirectly’
- “Those Trying To Sabotage Afghan-India Ties Won’t Achieve Goal, Taliban Not Controlled By Anyone”
- “Not One Security Incident Directed At India’s Diplomats, Afghanistan Not A Playground For Powers”