NEW DELHI: On ‘Talking Point‘, N. Sathiya Moorthy, Distinguished Fellow and Head, Chennai Initiative, Observer Research Foundation (ORF) and Dr Gulbin Sultana, Research Analyst with the South Asia Centre in the Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA) in discussion with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi. The panel analyses former Maldives President, current Majlis Speaker and ruling party (MDP) head Mohamed Nasheed announcing he’s breaking off ‘political alignment’ with old family friend and current President Ibrahim Solih, throwing in his hat to run for President in 2023 and calling for a referendum to switch to a Parliamentary system, how much traction an #IndiaOut campaign has, who’s behind it and if developments can influence the Maldives’ foreign policy which currently rests on an ‘India first’ pillar while balancing interests in relations with China.
- G-7 Summit: More Pressure On Russia, BRI Rival Plans & India’s Role In Global Energy, Food Security
- No Thaw, India In China’s Adversarial Crosshairs
- ‘Civil Conflict In Myanmar Has Deepened Uncertainties Over Kaladan Project’
- G7 Summit: Projecting India’s Heft To The Developed World
- Myanmar Junta Troops Take Villagers Hostage
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff